Steps in applying to Master of Science in Education program:
- Apply to be a WOU graduate student ($60 fee)
- Apply to Master of Science in Education program
Ready to get started? Request more information or start the application process.
Deadlines and key dates:
Graduate students may apply to the program any term.
Graduate Student Assistant Positions are a form of student employment, earning a compensation package including both salary and tuition remission for the performance of research or teaching services to the University as part of a student’s academic and professional training and development. If you are interested in applying for a Graduate Assistant Position, please apply for this position no later than March 1st for priority processing.
Detailed application requirements:
Apply for WOU Graduate admission:
- Complete WOU Application for Graduate Admission online.
- $60 application fee
- Evidence of completion of a four-year baccalaureate degree (or international equivalent) from regionally accredited institution as defined by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars, with a cumulative B average (equivalent 3.00 on a U.S. 4.00 grading scale) on the most recent baccalaureate degree. If the applicant’s cumulative GPA is below 3.00, but a calculation using the last 90 quarter credits (60 semester credits) of graded course work is 3.0 or higher, the latter will be used as the basis for admission. Applicants who hold a master’s degree will have the 3.0 GPA requirement waived.
- GPA requirement: Students with less than 3.0 can also provide passing MAT/GRE scores to be fully admitted. A student who has an undergraduate GPA of 2.50 to 2.99 can be admitted conditionally for the first 9 credit hours. Students can petition for conditional graduate admission via the graduate student general petition located on the graduate office website. *Conditionally admitted students will not be able to receive financial aid until they become fully admitted students and a program plan is on file.
Apply for Master of Science in Education program admission:
Please upload all MSEd program application materials to Tk20 unless otherwise specified.
- For previous or current WOU students see here for information on accessing Tk20.
- For new WOU students see here for information on accessing Tk20.
- If you need any assistance with Tk20 please email Olivia Flores, Program Assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org)
See the list below of requirements to fill out and upload to Tk20, plus other necessary materials you need to submit.
- Current resume
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Statement of Interest Question- found on Tk20
- Signed Professional Characteristics Form (see here)