Steps in applying to MS in Management and Information Systems:
- Apply to be a WOU graduate student ($60 fee)
- Apply to MS in Management and Information Systems
Ready to get started? Request more information or start the application process.
Deadlines and key dates:
Graduate students may apply to the program both fall and winter terms.
- This program is on moratorium while undergoing a major revision. We are not accepting applications for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Detailed application requirements:
Apply for WOU Graduate admission:
- Complete WOU Application for Graduate Admission form: Submit this form to the Graduate Office, Administration Building Office 107. You must be admitted to the WOU Graduate School before being considered for admission to the MS in Management and Information Systems program. Submit all WOU Graduate School application materials to the Graduate Office at least one week prior to the program admission deadline. For international requirements please visit the International Scholars office
- $60 application fee
- Evidence of completion of a four-year baccalaureate degree (or international equivalent) from regionally accredited institution as defined by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars, with a cumulative B average (equivalent 3.00 on a U.S. 4.00 grading scale) on the most recent baccalaureate degree. If the applicant’s cumulative GPA is below 3.00, but a calculation using the last 90 quarter credits (60 semester credits) of graded course work is 3.0 or higher, the latter will be used as the basis for admission. Applicants who hold a master’s degree will have the 3.0 GPA requirement waived.
- GPA requirement: Students with less than 3.0 can also provide passing MAT/GRE scores to be fully admitted. A student who has an undergraduate GPA of 2.50 to 2.99 can be admitted conditionally for the first 9 credit hours. Students can petition for conditional graduate admission via the graduate student general petition located on the graduate office website. *Conditionally admitted students will not be able to receive financial aid until they become fully admitted students and a program plan is on file.
Apply for MS in Management and Information Systems admission:
Admission to the M. S. in Management and Information Systems program first requires admission to the University Graduate Programs. The Master of Science in Management & Information Systems graduate program invites applications for admission from students meeting the following requirements:
- Have completed the following undergraduate coursework with a grade of C or better (see the application for more information)
- Financial Accounting (BA 211 or equivalent)
- Introduction to Microeconomics (EC 201 or equivalent)
- Introduction to Programming using a modern language such as Java, C++, C#, or Python (CS 161, CS 133 or equivalent)
- Introduction to Probability and Statistics (MTH 243 or equivalent)
- Calculus or Discrete Mathematics (MTH 251 or BA 240 or MTH 241 or MTH 231 or equivalent)
- Program Application Form (undergoing revision), includes the following:
- A current resume
- Answers to questions about your background and career goals
- A writing sample
- Unofficial transcripts showing evidence of the completed coursework listed above
- Three sealed letters of recommendation
Process: You will be notified via email regarding acceptance status within 30 days of the application deadline. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. You will be notified via email if you are missing any application components.