Steps in applying to MS RC program:
- Apply to be a WOU graduate student ($60 fee)
- Apply to MS RC program
Ready to get started? Request more information or start the application process.
Deadlines and key dates:
- Priority Application Deadline February 1st
- Completed applications received after the priority deadline will be considered until the cohort is full.
Detailed application requirements:
Apply for WOU Graduate admission:
- Complete WOU Application for Graduate Admission online.
- $60 application fee
- Evidence of completion of a four-year baccalaureate degree (or international equivalent) from regionally accredited institution as defined by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars, with a cumulative B average (equivalent 3.00 on a U.S. 4.00 grading scale) on the most recent baccalaureate degree. If the applicant’s cumulative GPA is below 3.00, but a calculation using the last 90 quarter credits (60 semester credits) of graded course work is 3.0 or higher, the latter will be used as the basis for admission. Applicants who hold a master’s degree will have the 3.0 GPA requirement waived.
- GPA requirement: Students with less than 3.0 can also provide passing MAT/GRE scores to be fully admitted. A student who has an undergraduate GPA of 2.50 to 2.99 can be admitted conditionally for the first 9 credit hours. Students can petition for conditional graduate admission via the graduate student general petition located on the graduate office website. *Conditionally admitted students will not be able to receive financial aid until they become fully admitted students and a program plan is on file.
Apply for MS RC admission:
- Online Program Application submitted concurrently with WOU graduate application.
- STOP, do not start your online program application until you have the following items ready:
- Current Resume saved as PDF with your first and last name in title.
- Writing Sample saved as PDF with your first and last name in title:
- Your ability to express ideas in an appropriate manner is an important factor in successful graduate study. This sample will be used to assess your writing skills. Therefore, please take care in preparing your response. Writing samples must be typed, double-spaced, and a minimum of 1 page but not more than 2 pages in length.
- Prepare a candid letter of self-recommendation to the Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling Program. Describe personal qualities and professionally related experiences you have had which you believe make graduate study in counseling appropriate for you. What are your highest hopes and greatest concerns about yourself as a student and as a rehabilitation counselor? Tell us about your career plans. Write the letter in your own form and style.
Process: You will be notified via email regarding acceptance status by June. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. You will be notified via email if you are missing any application components.