Where this program can take you:
To start, you need:
- A bachelor’s degree
- A valid teaching license (preferred)
Get the details on admission requirements, processes, and timelines
Finishing will take:
- 1 year or less
- 15 credits
Begin your Dual Language/Bilingual Education Certificate/Specialization program:
Where you will take classes:
- On campus-All classes meet once per week from 5-7:50 pm
What you will learn:
This certificate/specialization prepares teachers and other education professionals to develop students’ competencies in bilingualism, biliteracy, and multiculturalism. Builds expertise for effective instruction, leadership, and advocacy in dual language and bilingual settings.
- Prepare teachers and other education professionals to apply theories of first and second language acquisition to their practice, and to use theoretical principles related to the role of culture and identity to foster an inclusive learning environment in dual language and bilingual settings.
- Prepare teachers and other education professionals to use evidence-based practices and strategies related to planning/developing/designing, implementing, and managing/assessing instruction in dual language and bilingual settings.
- Prepare teachers and other education professionals to act as a resource and advocate for multilingualism, and to collaborate with students, their families, and the community in order to meet the needs of multilingual students.