- Interpreting Studies: Educational Interpreting Certificate
- Interpreting Studies: Professional Practice Certificate
- Interpreting Studies: Research Certificate
- Interpreting Studies: Reflective Certificate
- Interpreting Studies: Teaching Interpreting Certificate
To start, you need:
- A bachelor’s degree in interpreting or a closely related field
- A bachelor’s degree in any field and at least one year of interpreting experience
- Completion of an interpreter education program or currently working as an interpreter (Educational Interpreter Certificate)
Get the details on admission requirements, processes, and timelines.
Applicants may hold certification; but uncertified interpreters are also welcome to apply.
Finishing will take:
Begin your Certificate program:
Where you will take classes:
- Online/distance fall, winter, spring, summer
Tech you will need:
- Computer with internet connection
- Video conferencing capability (e.g., Skype)
What you will learn:
Provides interpreters and interpreter educators who use English and another language, spoken or signed, advanced scholarship that focuses on theoretical, practical and teaching applications. This advances the standards and leadership of the interpreting profession, both signed and spoken, via research, rigorous study, and practice.
- Exemplify reflective practice in interpreting and teaching through observation, application, analysis and supervision.
- Contribute to a growing body of research on interpreting and interpreter education.
- Exhibit advanced competence in interpreting effectiveness and quality leadership.