Graduate Programs

Home » M.S. Rehabilitation Counseling » RSA Information


M.S. Rehabilitation Counseling

RSA Information


Overview     Application    Courses    Cost     Faculty

Rehabilitation Services Administration:

WOU’s RCE program is currently receiving funding from Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA), U.S. Department of Education to assist students with their tuition expenses. RSA scholarships cover a portion of the tuition and may be awarded for one or two years, depending upon continued funding. Not all admitted students are funded through RSA scholarships. To receive support through RSA, the recipient must commit to work for a state Vocational Rehabilitation Division (VRD) or a related agency through which the individual has a service arrangement with the State/Federal vocational rehabilitation agency to provide needed services to vocational rehabilitation consumers. For every academic year of scholarship support, RSA requires the recipient to work two years as a professional in the rehabilitation counseling field.

Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE):

Under this special program, students from the following states who are accepted into the Rehabilitation Counseling with the Deaf (RCD) option are allowed to waive out-of-state costs and pay in-state tuition: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.


If you haven’t found the information you need or are still not sure where to direct your question, contact Kathy Heide -Program Assistant or 503-838-8322 Fax: 503-838-8228